Outstanding Veteran of the Year Award – Criteria
JOINT VETERANS COUNCIL OF CUYAHOGA COUNTY
CHRISTIAN G. GIRARD, JAMES B. COLE
OUTSTANDING VETERAN OF THE YEAR AWARD
Nomination and Consideration Criteria
The Veteran of the Year Award is a lifetime service award to recognize a United States Armed Forces honorably discharged Veteran from Northeast Ohio who is nominated with substantiated documentation in the following areas:
- Proof of United States of America military service and honorable discharge when notified of selection
- Recognized deeds of service are to be over a significant and extended time and outside of the individual’s regular profession and scholastic achievements.
- Performed exemplary and extraordinary deeds in service to our active military members and fellow veterans, respective families and contributed through actions that positively impacted their communities and fellow citizens.
- Exhibited resolve to combat long term problems that impact our communities, by taking innovative steps to address issues that were positively resolved through their extraordinary actions.
- Services rendered have had or will have a sustained positive impact on others’ lives and provides inspiration for others to serve.
- An extended biography in WORD and PDF file formats
- Formal quality image of nominee as a JPEG file to be submitted with nomination
Award Date: February each year.
Nomination Period: Starts September 1st and ends December 1st prior to event.
Nomination Form: required to be fully completed, available at www.jvcocc.org
Nominations for each of two categories may be submitted each year:
- Living Veteran (2) Deceased Veteran
Only a single individual can be nominated for recognition in applicable category